Sunday, August 16, 2009

The secret suitcase...

Our dear friend Kerrin from Sigmosaics is moving back from Portugal to New-Zealand in October. That will also mean that she officially won't be part of the European Streetteam anymore. I'm sure that she will pop into the thread from time to time and still be the sweet and supporting person that she always is. But, to be a member of the team, you need to live in Europe. I know she will have a hard time saying officially goodbye to all of us as she often told me how amazing the European Streetteam is. And she is absolutely right: we are one of a kind, supportive & caring.
As soon as I knew that Kerrin was going to attend the Craftparking fair in Maastricht, I knew that would be a perfect time to throw a little goodbye party.
Lots of EST-members signed up for the market or will come and visit it.
So I started a chain mail kind of conversation that the EST-members had to forward to each other. In that convo, I asked to sent a little wish, a card, a token of appreciation, a little handmade gift or whatever they could come up with, to my address.
So the past weeks I had the opportunity to get to know our postman a bit better as he rang quite often to drop packages.
In the beginning, I kept them in a box but then I remembered I still had some old suitcases on the attic. I thought that it would be a good packaging to say goodbye to her and wish her well from her European Streetteam friends. After all, a little bit of the European Streetteam is going on the journey with her… ;)
Here are some views of the suitcase...


And this is not all as the people who will attend the fair, will secretly drop off their gift at my stand so I can put it in the suitcase. I'm afraid I'll be needing the big suitcase for all the goodies but the small one is much cuter and nicer so I'll try to fit it all in there...
In the evening, we will all have dinner together & that will also be a perfect time to give it to her.
To be continued...
Hehe, couldn't resist showing off my Mohops as well! I just love 'em - they are so super comfortable and versatile! Check 'em out! :)