Monday, May 25, 2009

Flickr favorites



1. Crochet experiments, 2. fibonacci green, 3. Escalera caracol! (Fibonacci), 4. fibonacci rabbit 2

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

For this weeks favorites, I thought it would be nice to go with a theme. My inspiration came from the picture of the crochet experiments from Sophie Buckleberry. I find it amazing how she used the Fibonacci sequence to come up with the pattern. Wish I could do that! :) I love these organic shapes. Then I used the Flickr search to find more Fibonacci treasures. Too many to make a mosaic off but these are a few of my favorites.
The Fibonacci numbers are nature's numbering system. They appear everywhere in nature, from the leaf arrangement in plants, to the pattern of the florets of a flower, the bracts of a pinecone, or the scales of a pineapple. The Fibonacci numbers are therefore applicable to the growth of every living thing, including a single cell, a grain of wheat, a hive of bees, and even all of mankind.
And above all, I think it's very inspirational on a creative level.
How about you show me a mosaic about what inspires you? :)
Post your mosaic in your blog or Flickr and I'll pop over to have a look.
Click on the link to Mister Linky below to leave your name and link please.