Thursday, January 28, 2010

My creative space

Yay, we're back playing 'my creative space' with Kirsty over at Kootoyoo's. I love this meme and it's great to see what others are up to. Although the group has grown rather large that I don't have time to check 'em all out. I just click on a few links randomly and that is great fun!

This week, I'm working on a custom feeling for Renovia from EndlessWhimsy. She asked me to make a feeling that reminds her of her grandmother who passed away recently.
I asked her some adjectives so I could think about it. When I looked at each and every of the adjectives, I sensed the feeling moved.
I think she was a person who got moved by many things and that she also had the ability to move people by who she was. Therefore, I wanted something with lines that seemed to move. Fat and thin lines, wide and narrow... something like a seventies wallpaper.After I suggested this to Renovia, she let me know she loved the idea. So then I wanted to draw the feeling for her so she could picture better what was in my head.
A few weeks ago, I got a beautifully wrapped gift in my mailbox that Camille from Papermode on Etsy send me.It's a handembroidered moleskin - superpretty! But I have this love/hate relationshop with moleskins and journals. I don't have the ability to write pretty or draw well so I always feel I'm ruïning them when I use them.
But I decided I will use it to draw my custom work in and so I did...
I hardly ever draw so I really forced myself and I actually try to justify my drawing by writing next to it 'this is not a zebra'. I think I need a bit more confidence to draw really...
A look in perspective...
And now to execute the plan - I like claying much better! :)So this is what I got so far. I haven't attached the 'movements' to the clay yet as I first want to get Renovia's opinion on it. I think it looks great! :)

Want to show you creative space? Hop over to Kootoyoo's to play! It's fun! :)