Friday, June 18, 2010

Etsy Craft Party at studio ArtMind

Image from Etsy

Happy Birthday, Etsy!
Today Etsy is having it's 5th birthday and to celebrate that, they plan world wide craft party's. I have been planning this craftparty for a while now and I can't wait to get crafty with my Etsy friends. We'll play with paper porcelain clay. Paper porcelain clay is a fun material to work with. It is not as stubborn as regular porcelain clay and it is extremely white when fired.
I colored a few bits and bobs in color gradations to show you what the process and result could be.And this is what it looks when fired:Some colors really change a lot, it depends on what you use for coloring. I used stains, pigments and oxides. These are just examples and I have no clue what my crafty friends will make but I will definately show the result before and after firing. I'm curious myself...
Now excuse me, I think I hear my first guests arriving... happy day everyone! :)