Monday, May 9, 2011

Curtain skirt

When I saw this fabric in the shop, I knew I had to make something with it.
At first I thought a dress but then I was afraid the print would be too overwhelming so I decided to make an A-line skirt from it. It is actually fabric that I found on the curtain department but I don't really care as it's mighty happy.

It's not totally finished yet but I just wanted to show you that I can do zippers now... I don't do it the way I was thaught at school as it's too much hassle. My co-worker showed me to do it another way. I also looked it up on You Tube so that I could do it step by step and it works perfectly! YAY!
The pattern I used was from Neue Mode J 23250.
My next goal is doing the invisible zipper. Just need to find a neat pattern or project to use it in. And some extra time too of course...