Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello Etsy - part 6

This is the last post in the series about the 'Hello Etsy' conference in Berlin. And I must say 'last but not least'! I think this might have been my very favorite session of the entire weekend.

Project management is something I'm not very good at and I get disctracted just too much by ideas, impulsive actions and in general being very chaotic when it comes to making deccissions on what to do first. So there are days that I feel I have nothing accomplished at the end of the day and then my head starts spinning and coming up with all sorts of 'tasks' that just don't find a place. Also defined as 'unfocussed'. This session gave me an insight on how I could change that and up until now, it has helped me to get more organised.

Project Managment for indie businesses / Eleanor Mayrhofer

from Hello Etsy on Vimeo.

The above video is quite long but it's definately worth watching & get inspired by.
One specific sentence from this session pops up in my little notebook: 'there is only right now, live for today' Which seems a bit contradictionary with all the setting goals and planning in there but in the end, that's what it's all about: planning to find and give your life more balance.

Thanks Eleanor for sharing your process and letting us steal it! :)