Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Knit for Japan


A while back someone asked me if they could use my image as a background for their new site 'Knit for Japan'. It's a site where you can contribute your granny squares to take part in the worlds largest afghan blanket. After the blanket is finished and listed in the ‘Guinness World Records‘ book, it will be taken apart in regular size afghans and donated to housing facilities in Tohoku to support the victims of the 2011 Earthquake. Make sure to check out the site and don't hesitate to add a few squares to this lovely project! Scroll down on the site to find out more about the size and such.


In the mean time, I have made some progress with this blanket too. I tucked in all ends and crocheted all the squares together. It only needs a border of about 5cm to be completely finished but I'm already so proud that I've done all the ends.
This blanket will make the perfect baby blanket as it's too little for an adult -haha! It's 56cm by 84cm (22' by 33') now. I admire all those people who brave their way in making really large blankets too - the amount of time that it took me to make a little one is just crazy. But then, blankets like these are labour of love hey...
I have a few squares left which I will make bigger so I can contribute to 'Knit fo Japan' too! What a cool project! :)