Friday, March 22, 2013

Workshops spring

Finally I have taken some time to take out the calender and plan a few workshops in my studio. You can find the new dates on the workshop tab on the right hand side.

I have a new workshop which is called 'working with transfers'. In this workshop we'll use different pieces of colored ceramic paper to make collages on existing tableware. The idea is to create your own set of tableware. You need to buy and bring your own tableware since I don't know what everyone's taste is. You can buy brand new tableware or go to a second hand shop and choose some pieces that you like. I think about teapots, bowls, plates, cups,... Or if you like, you can buy tiles in the hardware store and make your own set.

But in case that you would like to have your own designs printed onto ceramic paper, you can let me know in advance and I'll bring you in contact with the company who does that or I can order them for you. Here is how you need to prepare your artwork:
All A3 sheets will have an unprintable border around the sheet. If you are preparing the sheet in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator you will need to ensure the document size is 28cm x 40.5cm This will allow us to print the work without any image cropping. Image resolution should be 300dpi for good quality reproduction. They can only except JPEG high level format.

Please note that the material cost nor the shipping cost is included in the price since it depends if you like to buy a material package or have your own transfers printed. I will fire all work after the workshop and send it to you or you can come and pick it up. Shipping depends on how heavy the things are that you bring. You can check the prices per weight on the Belgian post site.

If there are any more questions about this workshop, please contact me for further information.

Here's a little sneak preview on our new collaborative work with transfers...