Sunday, October 19, 2008

Work in progress: comfort

I bought this porcelain paperclay some months ago and I have been wanting to try it for some time now. It's fun to work with: very soft, very white and it contains very small paper fibers. I needs a bit to get used too since it's very sticky but after kneading it for a bit, it works fantastic. And when it's fired, it's very, very lightweight.
Why I haven't clayed since ages, I don't know. There are still unfinished mini-feelings on my worktable. I think I haven't been in the right mood to clay...
A friend of mine asked me to make her a custom feeling some time back and she informed about it a few days ago... I think I needed this push to get started somehow.
I think I know what I'll be making for her but I decided I needed to make one myself first, just to get on the right claying track.
It will be the feeling 'comfort'. I'll show you when it's finished.