Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hmmm... speculaas

This is probably the easiest and yummiest recipe for speculaas I've ever tried. My mom passed it on to me and I think it's not the last time I'm making these...
Ingredients (for 45 pieces)
  • 1kg flour
  • 1 package of baking powder (20g)
  • 600g dark brown sugar
  • 1 coffeespoon baking soda
  • 3 eggs
  • 20 drops of almond extract (I use a bit more 'cause it's yummy)
  • 400g butter (I use baking butter - Solo for example)
Mix the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder and the brown sugar.
Add the almond extract and the eggs and stir.
Melt the butter, add it and knead it all to a firm dough.
Make little balls of plus/minus 50g and put them on a baking paper in the oven.
Bake them for 15 minutes in a preheated oven of 200°C
Take 'em out and let them cool of for a bit.
They will go all crunchy outside and nice and soft on the inside.
I used half of the ingredients for this recipe and put three trays in the oven. I had 22 pieces of speculaas and now only euh... 15 left... uhoh!
We did have a guest so that explains... :)