Monday, November 9, 2009

Surprises

Last saturday I decided to start making a few granny squares for the European Streetteam granny square blanket. Baahar initiated this project and I'm very happy to participate! You can read more about it here.
But as I wanted to start, I couldn't find my number 3 crochet hook. Bummer, need to buy a new one I'm afraid. Anyway, as I was all set to do my very first granny square ever, I decided to start anyway and make something I have been wanting to make for a long time.
It's not finished yet but I'll show you my progress... and will show you the result when it's done.
So it's quite a surprise for making a big granny square instead of a few small ones... but I think I'll be making more of these soon too!Talk about surprises...
This morning the postman brought me this...
My friend Ingermaaike sent it from Norway! I just LOVE the scarf from the fibers and the card made for instant laughter! Thank you Inger for my 'unbirthday'-gift! :)
And last week, I got another surprise from my friend Petronella from Kraplap.
She sent me a squash and a yummy soup recipe. I'll make it sometime later this week. I love soup & trying new recipes!
Apart from the squash, she also sent me a beautiful set of Russian nesting dolls. Can you believe that I didn't have my own Babuschka doll set yet? So I'm sooper dooper happy to adopt these.
They have a very special place in my new rack! I see them when I work & love 'em to pieces. Thanks so much, Petronella!