Sunday, December 13, 2009

Big day?

Is a birthday a big day? Not really when you're getting older, greyer and get more wrinkles...
But oh boy, you spoiled me with all the lovely suggestions I got in the mail!
A very big thank you to everyone who took the time to think about something fun to do and send me a card. I really enjoyed opening the mailbox & reading all these suggestions:
  • A visit to a wellness center and totally spoil yourself
  • A worry free day
  • A spoil-yourself-day, lots of great food & fun
  • Distribute colorful helium balloons with inspirational quotes & wishes to complete strangers
  • Go scuba diving over some coral reef
  • Go to a yarnshop & spoil yourself rotten
  • Visit a museum
  • Bake a cake
  • Paint a picture
  • Call a friend
  • Take a walk
  • Spend time with those you love
  • Go to a fun swimming pool
  • bring food to an animal shelter
  • Go to the movies and get the largest popcorn box
  • Open a special e-mail account & postbox for future birthday messages
  • Visit the Handmade & funky X-mas market in Amsterdam
  • Have a crazy hairday/get a new color
  • Buy cake/Eat cake
So many awesome ideas! But you know what? I still feel sick.
I've been resting all day yesterday in the hope that I would be OK to go out & have some fun. Alas, I feel like a dishcloth, my nose is red, I'm coughing like an old man who smoked all his life & my throat hurts horribly.
So I'll take it easy and go for the 'buy cake/eat cake' option.
That way I can still veg out on my couch , watch some movies and stuff my face.
Anyway, the suggestion came from Anna Ruby King so she can expect the feeling 'special' in her mailbox soon...
Congrats Anna & if there's any cake left, I'll send you some to go with that! ;)