Friday, May 14, 2010

Vintage cooking

When I found this vintage apron back in my closet the other day, I decided to do a post about 'vintage cooking'. Nothing is more pleasant then peeking into a vintage kitchen and perhaps trying out a vintage recipe.
image via CountryLiving

Nothing beats to what grandma used to make, right? Charming vintage recipes and vintage recipes provide a good source of lovely recipes. I especially love browsing through the dessert section of the last one. :)

image via Nickandnessies
There is also a Flickr group called vintage cookbooks. I loved browsing through it. The images of these cookbooks are so excessive in decoration and setting. I love the static way people used to show off a pie! LOL :)

image via MyHomeIdeas

I just love the tabletop in this kitchen. And the tins and the plate rack and...

Vintage recipe box via Thriftalholic

I love to get a box like this and then order some of the cards below. Now lots of recipes are just stuck between my favorite cookbook and it's making it really fat and unhandy to use.
personalized recipe cards by the Petite Press

image via Bloesem

No vintage kitchen without a bit of Pyrex. The color and designs brighten up any kitchen.

I realize that I don't have lots of vintage in my kitchen, do you?