Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A beautiful slice of hope...

About a year ago, Baa from Baahar put lots of work and effort in getting the European Streetteam's charity shop rolling. It's called Europe for Charity and it's filled with items donated by people from all over Europe. There is a great variety in work to be found there and I would like to invite you to take a peek in the the charity shop if you feel like shopping.

The profit from the shop is donated to 2 causes so far: one is Architecture for Humanity for their rebuilding work in Pakistan and Haiti and the other cause is 'BlinkNow Foundation' to support their Kopila Valley Children's Home and School.

I'd like to invite you to look at a video of a very inspiring, young girl named Maggie. She decided that she could change things and still does...

Maggie Doyne — Why the human family can do better from The Do Lectures on Vimeo.

Not only am I dearly in love with Nepal and the Himalayas, but also the happy girls were so taken by her project, that we decided to spread the love...

Normally I don't sell the happy girls in my Etsy shop as they are part of my branding. But I do know that people love 'em so I made 12 packs of 7 happy girls in rainbow colours available to support Kopila Valley's Home and School.They are for sale here and each sale will go directly to Maggie's BlinkNow-foundation. The happy girls can't wait to fly off to new homes so that they can support the Nepali orphans and send 'em to school.