It is actually a very, very tricky question for me as I'm one of those people who always feels there are too little hours in a day an too little days in a week and I'm very, very bad at managing my time.
For this post for example, I wasn't organised enough to get it ready in time for you to read with your morning coffee or tea nor did I take a picture to accompany it. And that's not because I'm lazy but because other things took over my week.
I spent Easter Monday with my partner and we walked a bare foot trail (FUN) , Tuesday Elza D. and Celeste B. came to my studio to play (MORE FUN), I visited my friend Mariana on Wednesday evening (jip, MORE FUN) and I dragged myself to sewing class on Thursday evening (not so fun as it's so slow). Add 4 days of day job work to this week and running my on line business and you know that there is little time to manage here.
I have one list and that states the things I need to make.
No more, no less.
That list is never empty.
It tick things off and I add things.
And when the list gets messy, I copy it onto a new sheet.
It's nearly the only handwritten thing I do since I dislike my handwriting.
I don't do housework very much.
It feels like a waste of time.
But I love it when it's clean so I force myself once in a while.
Although I dislike doing it.
I ship two days a week.
That saves me heaps of time.
I do the wrapping, my partner goes to the postoffice.
I wish I had some sort of control knobs.
They would be needed to prevent procrastinating.
Or wasting time on the computer.
But I love to be able to decide in a blink to go sit on a sunny terrace with a beer.
I can do that because I don't do time management.
It always fits in.
Because I post so late today, I decided to check out the other merriers posts and share with you some of the things that caught my eye...
- I am learning to set bounderies to people who try to make me busy with their affairs, ’cause they have unwisely/in greed/deliberetly taken on too much. (Monika)
- I’ve decided that I will put a few limits just because otherwise I get sucked in and I forget that I should be using weekends to do stuff with my son and husband. It is not all about work. (Mariana)
- Blogging. This really encourages me to create new things. I want to have something to share with my blog readers each day and thus, I work at finishing off new pieces. (Ruth)
- I find that minutes turn into hours, hours turn into days, and days turn into years, and all in the blink of an eye. (Samantha)
- I enjoy having a full schedule, but just full enough tho be happy and well rounded. (Bethany)
- I try not to kick myself too hard if I don’t get everything done. I just move it over to the next day and highlight it! (Laura)
Laura at Blue Terracotta
Monika at Red2White
Ruth at Birdland Creations
Kim at Vilt a la Kim
Sara at Crafts of Texture
Samantha at Vintage is for lovers
Mariana at Florcita
Agathe at Le Bar du Vent
Jen at Painted Fish Studio
Bethany at Dirksen Dabbles