Saturday, June 11, 2011

Crispy light

Hilde from Blue Celeste asked me to make something for her but when she told me what it was I told her to do it herself as it's a very time consuming job.
Haha, I'm cruel that way.
So I showed her how to do it and the other day, the work was delivered in my studio. She did an amazing job - the work is so fine, so delicate and so perfect. I couldn't have done it any better.
It's super super thin paper porcelain & it will be crispy white and pretty.
She's definately up to something with these and I can't wait to see the end result. I doubt she'll be producing these on a frequent basis though. It will be one special & very unique piece of art.
While at it, I decided to drench a few layers of round tissue papers into casting porcelain to see the difference in thinness and translucency. A few years ago, I have done this before in this work but I forgot about it when she asked me about making the rounds. They will for sure be more fragile I'm afraid.Did you know that Hilde has an Etsy shop too? She works magic with leather and Japanese paper.

Wishing you all a crispy light weekend!
x
Mitsy