Sunday, October 9, 2011

Meesterlijk

I wanted to share the few pictures I took at the living fair last week. After the workshop I didn't take much time to look around & I really should have as the 'Meesterlijk'-hall seemed a great place to get creative impulses and inspiration. Bummer! Will have to go back next year I suppose. But the few stands I did visit are really worth mentioning so check out their sites if you are attracted by what you see. :) All the links are below the images.

This company is comitted to the preservation of the leather trade in the Netherlands and stimulates the development of this field. Quirky and fun leather objects!

Beautiful versatile textile art: smashing colorcombo's, felt mosaics, wall decoration and care wear.

Bouwjaar 63
Fun felt items in fun happy colors.

Instincts
This stand really attracted by the minimalistic touch and interior. I loved how all was set up & showed. And apparently she has an Etsy-shop too!

Penduka provides work to women in Namibia. This way the women and their families have an income and the downwards spiral of poverty can be broken. Their embroidery tells a story using typical imagery of the ethnic groups these women originate from. The women embroider their own life stories, centuries-old, orally transmitted stories, or any story that you would like to be told.
I was literally drawn to this stand. I simply couldn't resist taking a closer look at the textures of this woven wall art. Femke surely knows how to impress with all the different kind of fabrics woven into a new piece. Beautiful!

With passion from Africa and design, this new gallery in Amsterdam sells work of Africa's most talented designers. They have work of Skinny laMinx too! I love the wobbly ceramics dinnerware!

Don't you love the tiny branches used to hang the jewellery?
It looks so clean and brilliant!Corina Rietveld
How clever are these embroidered silver rings? Love 'em!

There were approximately 100 stands in this hall and I only saw a fraction of them. If you are interested in seeing more, there are links to all the designers on the webpage of Meesterlijk.
And today, 101 woonideeën also published a post on Meesterlijk. :)