Monday, November 21, 2011

Fabric fair

Yesterday I went to a fabric fair for the first time (stoffenspektakel in Leuven). I didn't really know what to expect and was quite shocked to see so many people going crazy over fabrics.
Did I say crazy? I meant C.R.A.Z.Y. !
The place was crowded and oh my, if you know me a little bit: I really dislike crowed places.
I did manage to squeeze myself through the crowd and buy some fabrics. Don't know when I will use it all but it was just too good of a deal to resist... *sigh*

A few meters of cotton for my stash. Don't have a project in mind for these yet. Just loved the happy colors.
This soft velvet aubergine fabric will become a comfy skirt.A more classic piece of fabric - perhaps for a skirt too but most likely it will end up as a bag or will be stuck in my drawer for ages...
And some beautiful green knitwear I intend to make a dress with.I also saw a much wanted cone thread holder so of course that ended up in the basket too.
But as much fun it was to go with 3 of my friends, I was really happy to be back home in my quiet studio again. What a crazy place the fabric fair is but so many great deals that I probably will be going back next time. :)