Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Flickr Favorites


It's the first Tuesday of the month so we play by theme if you like. And the theme is 'art'.

I find it hard to capture art in only a few pictures but these ones above came all out of my favorites. Art is different for everyone and for me it needs to be accesible for everyone to have the title 'art'. Quite often when you go to a museum or exhibition you see pieces that are celebrated as art in it's highest form but where I feel it's not just because it's not accesible.
I know art critics disagree with me when I say that I love it when a work has a title/name. For me, that's giving me a glimpse into the artists world and makes me understand the piece better. And even though a piece of art should speak for itself, it still makes a world of difference for me to know what the artist intended it to be through a title.
How do you feel about titles?