Sunday, December 11, 2011

Knitting for dummies

I'm not a good knitter. N.o.t. But when I was at Marta's home in September, I saw the knitted blanket again that I fell in love with last year. And then I knew I had to make one for myself.
After all, it's not really difficult to knit, just one row on top of the other.
Marta's blanket is massive and very loosly knitted and contained all left over yarns, so beautiful! Since I'm only a fresh yarn addict, I don't have that many left overs in my stash so I just went out to buy new balls. It's not the same but still, I can't wait till I have enough left overs...
I started this in the beginning of October so progress is really slow but the blanket is superwide - about 2,5 metres (2,75 yard) so I only do a row or 2 at a time. But it's a bit over half a meter long so I'm 1/5 of the way.
It's already cat approved and sometimes she makes it hard for me to knit as she's sitting on top of it while I'm knitting...