Thursday, September 6, 2012

Visitor's gifts

It's been a month since my last post and I really don't feel bad about it. I'm taking all the time of the world to spend with our newborn, Julie. She's already five weeks and growing really well.
I'm a nursing mommy so I really have to steal moments here and there in between feeding so I'm not back to claying yet. I did reopen my shop on Etsy since I have stock already made beforehand.


I wanted to share our baby announcement cards and gifts with you. The card is made by my good friend, Anna from LilaRubyKing. Not her usual style but that's because I asked her to do something with the red gingham fabric. I love 'm, they are really pretty.

And as I mentioned in an earlier post, in Belgium it's a tradition to give a little gift to people who come to visit the baby. Both my partner and I made something. We decided to use jars that are used for conserving goods. My partner grew strawberries and rhubarb in the vegetable garden and made jam from it and I made a mould of the jars and casted little porcelain jars and filled them with chocolate coated beans and they can be used as tealight holders afterwards.
Here's how it's displayed in our home. The little glasine bags are filled with sweet candy for the little ones. The big jars in the back are filled with candy too, just for eating while visiting. :)
  
Remember I made name labels to attach to the baby gifts but couldn't show 'em yet since the name and gender was still a surprise? Here you can see them on the jars.
Thankfully, the visitors really love the gifts so it's nice to know all the work is not wasted! :)