Thursday, June 11, 2009

My creative space

My creative space is the couch this morning. I have been working on my Babette blanket over the past weeks and now the project is halfway, I'm already looking into new projects to work on.
My partner brought me some crochet books from the library yesterday & I just can't believe one of those books. It seems to contain thousands of stitches so I still have a long way to go.
It's also difficult to read them because they are in Dutch. Although Dutch is my mother tongue, I learned to crochet in English from Tara & I got used to the English names and abbreviations of the stitches.Weird huh?I also have been wanting to incorporate crochet into ceramics, so I made my first experiment. I crocheted a flower and a little test square and put some liquid porcelain clay onto it. I'll fire it sometime soon & hope that the thread fires away & that the stiches remain in porcelain - to be continued...

Want to show your creative space? Hop over to Kootoyoo's to play! It's fun! :)