Friday, July 31, 2009

Work in progress

A while back I already showed you these cool gecko's. It's a mould carving I made many years ago. It took me a couple of weeks to finish it but I was determined to get it done.
I planned to make a pyramid and then add the gecko's into the pyramid-walls. Well, the idea was nice but I had been a bit too confident in my ability to make it. I was only in my second year of ceramics and had not much experience building with clay slabs. It looked great when it was finished but during firing, one of the corners exploded. Ouch... I never re-made the pyramid but of course I kept the mould.
The other day I thought it would be cool to make some pendants and key chains out of them to take to the fair. Perhaps people will like the natural character of these gecko's...
I made them in five colors: red, purple, blue, green and brown.

Not sure though if I have to make pendants and keychains from them or if I should sell them just with the hole so that people can decide themselves what to do with it. What do you think?
At the moment I have 399 sales in my Etsy shop. If you are number 400 and mention 'Gecko' in the note to seller, I'll sent you one. Just let me know if you like it as a key chain, a pendant or plain and of course in which color you would like it.
I can't show the end result of all the colors yet as they are firing a way as I write this! :)