Thursday, October 8, 2009

My creative space

I have a new creative space. My former workspace will be used for packing and all things paper.
It was fun to work there but it was kind of small and I had to re-organise all the time. The past few weeks we have been busy painting and putting down floorboards in our livingspace. Now that most of the things are done, I moved all my things downstairs yesterday. Some stuff is stored elsewhere and will still have to be brought back here but I have the most neccesary things right at hand.
This is how it looks when you enter.
The walls are still bare but I'll be adding sample tiles etc. sometime soon.
This is the view from our lounge area.A trip to IKEA is neccesary as I need some big racks.
I can live with this temporary solution though.
This is what I look at all day.
It's the first 'real' work I made in clay while being in the academy of fine arts.
It's a triptych called 'Aus-tree-lia' - you can read more about that here.
Still need cabinets on this side and I'm afraid lots of other stuff will be added to that corner soon.
Today I'll be making test tiles for my new glazes and make a few more samples for the secret project. I want to fire the kiln today so that I can see the result on saturday.Want to show your creative space? Hop over to Kootoyoo's to play! It's fun! :)