Thursday, December 3, 2009

My creative space

I love my creative space this week as it's full with candy! :)
I got a request from one of my customers to sent out a card to her sister in Holland from Sinterklaas. Sinterklaas is mainly celebrated in Holland and Belgium on the 5th or 6th of December. In Belgium, kids put a plate with sugarcubes for Sinterklaas' horse & an alcoholic beverage for Sinterklaas in front of the fireplace on the 5th of December. During the night, Sinterklaas rides with his horse and his helpers (zwarte pieten) over the rooftops and brings gifts for the good kids. The helpers of Sinterklaas are black as they have to climb down the chimney's.
It's a lovely tradition & most kids love to believe in him for as long as possible...

Anyway, this customer made a lovely Dutch poem (even though she only speaks a little bit) for her sister and I put it on the card. She asked me if I could add some Sinterklaas candy for her as well. Good reason to go out and get some myself too! :)

Want to show you creative space? Hop over to Kootoyoo's to play! It's fun! :)

And can I please ask you a favor?
If you have an Etsy-account and like my work, please go and vote for me here!
Thanks so much for casting your vote!