Sunday, June 20, 2010

Etsy craft party pics

Last friday finally was the craftparty for Etsy's 5th birthday that I had planned for a while. I was so happy to welcome Nicole from Babongohome, Veerle from Nevousinstallezpas, Annemiek from TwoTreesBelgium, Ina from DeerLola, Mariana from Florcita, Kim from Viltalakim and Greet from FleurFatale.They all brought yummy food and drinks so that made organising a piece of cake. I just took care of the lunch and made two easy pasta recipes: spagetthi bolognese and vegetable/salmon lasagna. I also made a small dessert which is supereasy and yummy. You can find the recipe here.
I uploaded all the pictures I made to my Flickr stream, so head over here if you want to see 'em all. After explaining a bit about paper porcelain clay and the process, everyone got to work. Soon the tidy table became messy and lovely creations were in the making.
I didn't make many colorsamples beforehand so actually, all that has been made will be a big surprise for me too because all the colors will change after firing. Some will turn grey others will keep their color. Here's what has been made:
Veerle from Nevousinstallezpas
Ina from DeerLola
Mariana from Florcita
Kim from Viltalakim
Greet from FleurFatale
Nicole from Babongohome
Annemiek from TwoTreesBelgium
This last plate is mine. I wasn't very productive and just pressed some textures and stamps from Greet who was sitting next to me. She brought an awesome box of buttons and metal pieces that made fabulous textures so I was permanently rummaging through that box! :)
After it is fired, I plan to make a positive of these so I can use these textures myself.

So now I need to fire these goodies and I will send 'em to everyone. They will make something awesome from it, I'm sure of that and can't wait to see the end result! :)