Thursday, August 4, 2011

Feeling connected

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I spend some time here on my blog so I'm going to try to connect again after last months break.

No better way to do that with a custom piece I did the other day.
A very sweet woman asked me if I could help her with a wedding gift. She loved the feeling 'oneness' but wanted me to add a personal touch to it. As with all questions like these, I interrogate the customer and made her tell me more about the couple & their likes. After a few times back and forth e-mailing, she came up with the idea to use earphones as the couple both loves music. I was sold right away! What a fab idea & even more symbolic too to be connected by the wire of the earphones. :)
The wire is red because it's the color of love. Besides, an Ancient Chinese believe says
'An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The red thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break.'
I saw this saying for the first time on Lisa's beautiful blog which is also her company name.
I added a lovely personal message on the bottom, the couples names & wedding date.
It will be hard to part with these dudes as they make me smile big time!

So glad to be back here! Things are not quite back to regular routines yet but slowly & surely it all falls in place. If you care to subscribe to my newsletter, feel free to do so. I write one every first friday of the month (that's tomorrow) & if you don't like it, you can unsubscribe at any time! :)