Sunday, January 29, 2012

Feeling light/hope

A lovely customer asked me a long time ago to create a hope feeling. Back then, I found it really difficult to depict hope and well, we never got to a point that we were both satisfied with the outcome of the ideas. About a month ago, the customer returned and asked me the same question and suggested that the feeling could hold a candle light or something. I loved the idea of a light but since the feelings are hand-less, it's hard to place a candle in there of course so I suggested that I could place a candle inside the feeling and add about a zillion of different size holes in the feeling for the light/hope to spread. She loved the idea so I set to work...See, there is no bottom, its just big enough for the tea light.And here it's in it's unfired but 'light/hope' mode...
A feeling is never really ready until it's fired and reveals it's pretty white color.
I love how this turned out - might need to make one for myself too...