Friday, February 3, 2012

Stress in balance

Remember the feeling stress? The other day I got a request if I could combine 2 feelings into one. It's not the first time that I've been asked that but the feelings the person chose were kind of challenging: stress & balance. Balance is normally quite difficult to balance let alone if it's stressed. So I set to work and tried it. I added some extra support on the bottom so that the feeling wouldn't trip over because of the weight of stress.
When you look at it like this, balancing your stress is not easy and with some support from loved ones, it keeps you up your feet. I think it's a beautiful reminder that keeping things in balance may perhaps keep the stress levels normal. Are your stress levels in balance?

PS: on the last picture I couldn't 'balance' the stress anymore because the clay is too soft to touch when I finish up the work. So fingers crossed that it works when it comes out of the kiln.