Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The making of... in love

The feeling in love takes a bit of time to make but it's quite fun because of the different processes.
First I roll out a thin slab of clay in where I press tiny hearts with a cookie cutter. Cookies this size are teethfillers anyway, I prefer 'em a bit bigger. :)
Then I use one heart to place on the feeling and trace the outlines so I know where the heart is supposed to go. I scratch all hearts roughly, apply some clay slib and attach the heart. It's a bit messy at this point so I work only partially on a few hearts at once.  After they are attached, I smoothen out the side with a wet paintbrush and remove any excess clay.
I always have an 'in love' feeling as an example because I like to look where I kind of place the hearts so that there are not too many but also not too little. :)