Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Spiral scarf by Annekata

Image by Annekata

Recently I found Kathrin's blog, I not only fell in love with all the fun tutorials but she has a whole lot of happy going on on there. When I saw this spiral scarf, I knew I would want to make it and was really happy when she decided to list the pattern!
The fun thing is that this pattern uses an old T-shirt, a pair of scissors, a needle and some thread. Jip, no sewing machine needed as it's handsewed.
I managed to cut out the pattern but haven't had a chance yet to sew it together. Will probably do this weekend and I think I might crochet a shell edge along, perhaps add some beads and make a few more of these as X-mas presents. :)
Oh, and if you like to make it, don't hesitate to purchase the pattern now (it's on special offer until the 20th of August).
Ha! Another sewing project nearly finished. *taps shoulder*

Image by Annekata

I also wanted to share a little tip that I learned recently: did you know that you can use a leftover piece of soap as tailor's chalk? I didn't and wanted to try it out of course...
It works perfect and the soap leaves no marks whatsoever after washing! :)