Friday, September 24, 2010

Merry go round

Every last friday of the month, I jump on the 'Merry go round'. What is the Merry go round exactly? Each month, a group of craftswomen from around the world join together and give their reponses to the same question/challenge.I promised to show you the finished piece of the picture challenge last month but I didn't like how it turned out. As soon as I filled the holes around the bubbles to cast it, it looked more like a bunch of grapes then like what I had in mind. So I decided not to waste any time casting it.
So far for a failed experiment. Aah, don't we all have those?
I better move on to this months merry-go-round question: what's your favorite color and how it comes into your work?

My favorite color is probably not a surprise for you: lime green.
Lime plays a big role in my branding. I used to have a red avatar on Etsy but I had been told it looked a lot like Target's, a shop we don't have in Belgium so I had to check it out. And indeed, it resembles a bit so I decided to change the color as I didn't want to change the shape. I remember I doubted to choose between lime green and teal blue as I love both a lot. But lime won because it's so fresh, vivid and fun!
Since then, I bring the color into my packaging with adding lime ribbons or using lime boxes. I add lime happy girls to every order, unless I know it's a repeat order, then I add a different color.
I have been told that people can easily recognise me out of a whole lot of avatars in for example an Etsy chatroom as the color and look of it is consistent.
So I suppose I can't hide even if I wanted too. I like being 'recognised' by my color - it gives me a fuzzy feeling. :)

Want to know how the other merriers incorporate their favorite color in their work? Hop over to their blogs. Please bear in mind that the members will be posting at different times of the day, depending on which world time-zone they are in :)
Kim at Vilt a la Kim

Sara at Saras Texture Crafts

Fabienne at Easterya Jewellery

Mariana at Florcita

Agathe at Le Bar du Vent

Lily at Lily Pang Art and Design

Ruth at Birdland Creations